Saturday, January 12, 2013



This lady is not beautiful. Nope, I assure you, not going to appear on a magazine as a model. Did I want to change things about me?
Hmm, be thinner or taller or "prettier" or have straight hair when mine was curly, or be tanner, or have no freckles?
Yep, Yes, Si'. I sure did, at different times in my life.

And then one day, I woke up.
And looked at that face in the mirror.
And stopped sticking my tongue out at my reflection.
I started telling myself the same things I tell my children.
I started smiling when I got a compliment, instead of coming up with a reason it wasn't true.
I began to accept me.

And guess what???? One day, I decided I like me.
Hehe, good thing, Because....
WE CANNOT BE ANYONE ELSE BUT OURSELVES.

~And that IS good enough!


©2013 Dulce Caramia All Rights Reserved. The content on these pages, are the sole property of the author unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so enjoyed reading this post. It's the person we're stuck with, so we make a choice, to keep talking bad to her, or love her unconditionally. Then we can become a friend to ourselves.
    Thanks Dulce Caramia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found this comment, hehe.
      Giant Hugs to You! I am so glad you have found you can be a Friend to yourself!
      Bless you!

      Delete