Friday, December 21, 2012

Love, and Joy, and Music.

Lost in music, I do love guitar.
It's funny how many memories are tied into music that we hear.
When I hear children singing the same songs that I learned as a child, I get mental pictures of the dear people that taught me music, my mother, my family, school teachers over the years.

Some Christmas songs remind me of family, others of my teen years. There are songs that remind me of when my children were tiny. I remember singing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" at the top of my lungs driving late one night through Caracas. The first time I heard Jose Feliciano sing "FelĂ­z Navidad" I had newly arrived in Mexico, and didn't even know Spanish. It was how I learned to pronounce it, hehe.

There are songs that remind me of other years and other times. And it becomes a living photo album. All I have to do is close my eyes, and the people live again.

How rich is our life when we have Love, and Joy, and Music.
~Dulce Caramia


No comments:

Post a Comment